So I guess this is a bit of a cheat post… New at this whole blogging game, I find myself very good at writing blog posts in my head, not to good at making the time to get them down on paper (or its electronic equivalent).
Also I found my last post quite onerous to write (emotionally) and then I proof read it about 4 times as I wasn’t too sure it was exactly what I wanted to post- was it in-keeping enough with my other posts, was I just having a bad day and would look back at it and worry I was being too negative? Etc etc etc. So I thought something lighter and fluffier was in order.
I have discovered (and started following) a couple of new blogs recently and I must admit that while I find them entertaining and fun to read (and often quite inspiring in many ways) they do leave me feeling slightly inadequate as many of them add new posts daily, sometimes several times a day.
I must confess, I’ve been a little disappointed that in my blog’s shortish history I have so far received only ONE comment. (Not counting about a million spam messages- I never even knew blogs were spammable- but evidently they are. Very much so.) I’ve assumed a lack of comments means a lack of readers, (although surely I should be able to see how many people are visiting my site… Technoparesis strikes again.) I took a look back at my First Post, where I pondered why I decided to start a blog in the first place…. “I’m not doing this primarily to win readers, or earn money, or educate people”. It’s true, I’m not doing it to acquire a following or make a living (FYI those blogs that post daily are generally run by people who are blogging to make a living, which makes me feel slightly better about the paucity of my posts).
Anyway, to gain more readers you’re apparently supposed to post shorter posts more often, I suspect mine are a bit prosaic. Again, care factor- well, clearly not zero, but minimal. I can vouch for the fact that the more often a blog posts something, the more likely I am to keep following it (to a point, if they’re rubbish posts I lose interest).
And so as a bit of a filler while I created actual ones from my mental ones, here is a list of my present participles (or doing words) for April. (Sincere apologies for not crediting this to its original source, but I didn’t note it down and now I can’t find the blog I got the idea from in the first place. If they find out, maybe my second genuine comment will materialise, albeit an accusation of plagiarism.)
- Admiring- Master L’s endless energy reserves
- Bookmarking- Quilting & crafty sites
- Buying- new winter wardrobe staples post last spring’s weight-loss and in anticipation of the NZ weather
- Considering- buying a sewing machine
- Cooking- healthier dinners this week after the excesses of Easter
- Deciding- whether to go back to my old hairdresser one more time before we move
- Drinking- Lipton Green Tea with Jasmine
- Enjoying- my days off this week- no work and no kids
- Feeling- Tired. Constantly.
- Following- a link I saw on FB this morning- 4 scarves 16 ways– well, trying to!
- Getting- frustrated with the dog’s constant stopping to sniff around this morning on our run
- Hoping- for an uninterrupted and lengthy night’s sleep
- Knowing- my sister needs to ditch her loser boyfriend
- Liking- everyone’s comments on the photo I posted of our Year 7 high-school class play
- Looking- for a new preschool, new swimming school, new nanny, new house!
- Loving- everything about autumn in Sydney- cooler days, winter duvet, autumn leaves
- Making- dinner out of what’s in the cupboard and freezer wherever possible
- Marvelling- that Master L broke out into “You are my sunshine” unprompted on the way home. Word perfect. And I’ve never even sung it to him….
- Needing- to pack for Friday’s trip to NZ
- Noticing- how much I love my job- is this just because I’m leaving?
- Opening- our Wiggle order that arrived this morning- new running stuff, yes!
- Playing- outside more now that it’s cooler
- Pondering- when best to try for baby number 3
- Reading- Spot’s Fun Week. Over and over and over again
- Smelling- of Estee Lauder Emerald Dream for the last time (I ran out this morning)
- Thinking- of ways to use up the 5 different types of rice in the pantry before we move
- Waiting- for someone to buy the stuff we have listed on Gumtree
- Wanting- More sleep
- Watching- Puberty Blues Season 2 (streamed from the internet as Mr L hates it)
- Wearing- Layers (usually leggings, long singlet, t shirt)
- Wishing- we didn’t have to leave our nanny & preschool
- Wondering- how my “taking stock” session will go this week